Destiny steps

Where you are now is where you're supposed to be. 




As strange as that may sound depending on what you may be going through right now, It is true. You may ask how I know and why I am so sure. I have read the stories of so many people and I have experienced it for my self that every thing happens for a reason. 

We may call it mistakes or bad luck, but I call it destiny steps. I have noticed that everything that has ever happened in my life has brought me to this moment.

Sometimes it may not feel like it or look like it, but there is a single thread in everything we experience, some may be self inflicted as the case may be, others may be circumstantial. In all, there is a purpose behind every pain.

So before you go on a rampage on how life is unfair to you and wonder why this may be happening to you or that happened in your family, remember that there are other people out there going through similar or worse situations, turn on the news channel and you will see that you have it easy (within the context of this post). 

We tend to personalize our pain because rightfully we are the ones faced with the reality of dealing with it, so it is difficult to just take what someone else has to 'say' because you they are not the ones experiencing it, you  are feeling the pain  that may seem like it will never go away or worse case, the fear that you may never come out of it because of the intensity or the ripple effect it may have on your life, family or relationships.


Let me bring it closer, I would never have written this post 6 months ago, because  I was in the deepest most turbulent time i have ever experienced in my life. I became a stranger to my own life, I fell off track, lost people and things I even lost myself because for a good 3 months prior to that time, I could not recognize myself; Spiritually, emotionally, mentally i was lost.  

There was no way anyone could tell me there was a good reason behind what I was going through, it got to a point that I thought I was going to loose me life. But to God be the glory, he pulled me out just at the nick of time. From that singular experience, I have had the rare opportunity to re-arrange things in my life through drastic changes and steps to follow the true calling on my life.

I have been writing poems and short stories for as long as I can remember, I love to encourage people and be a source of comfort and understanding to others, I was all these things in little subtle ways as much as I could while i grew up and was in school and always said to myself, "I know I'm not going to do a 9-5 job, I know I will do something bigger and better that sitting on a desk  for a whole day.

The thing is this, life is very unpredictable and we may think that we know what to do in order to get from point A to B, but no matter how far we veer off from our calling and purpose, God will always find a way to bring us back to that which he created us to be.

Throughout my life, this has been consistent in all my dealings, to be a source of encouragement, to motivate and hopefully inspire people with my words, be it in writing or through music ( I love to write songs). I have not yet gotten to the latter, but I believe that I was given that talent for a purpose which is to serve God and help people.

Had I not gone through what I went through, I would have been doing something that I knew was not what I was supposed to be doing because before everything fell apart, I was about to start a restaurant and I know now it would have consumed a good number of purpose fulfilling years of my life and God did not want me to go down that road so he "forced" a turn around. And the only way he can get our full attention sometimes is if he touches our circumstances.

So here I am, healed and restored. ( I will write a different post on "The recovery process") and doing what I know I was called to do.

It may take time, but you will make it out alive and well and better than you were before things fell apart. Put your trust in God and ask him to reveal the purpose for which he created you for. And trust the leading of your heart, because if you really look closely, you will see traces of your destiny scattered through different phases of your life, it is your job through the leading of his spirit to pull them together and begin to do what you will now know to be what you were born to be. It may be tied to a skill or a talent, or just a 'knowing' that has lingered throughout the years and won't go away.

Be sure to identify them (it) and take it to God in prayer, Do not be afraid of how big or small it me seem, the important thing is that you are now living according to your purpose and in line with your destiny.

So with every challenge and pain, I say "Hello destiny". Because in every scar, there is a star that will light the way to your destiny if you look closely enough to see it.

You are what you've been waiting for. Go out and be who you were created to be.


Yours truly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming Fear

I AM: A PIECE OF HIM